Did you know that there are FREE activity facilities available to your full-time student? Brigham Young University offers a wide variety of wellness activities to full-time students including a cardio/weight room, pool, racquetball, tennis (indoor and outdoor), volleyball, free access to a fitness trainer, and much more! Below you will find some valuable information you can read and then share with your student.
- Current, full-time BYU students (12 hrs. F & W; 6 hrs. SP & SU) have facility use privileges for no fee. They can present their BYU ID card or net ID at 112 RB Information Center or the locker room counter to pick up a daily wristband.
- BYU activity facilities are monitored with a wristband system; all Open Play users must wear a wristband when using the facilities. Anyone found participating without a wristband will be asked to leave the activity area until a wristband is obtained.
- Facility supervisors/building coordinators monitor the buildings for appropriate use of the facilities. They also monitor for wristbands and university standards. If necessary, they coordinate with Facility Administration and the police.
- Students can rent lockers in the RB locker rooms for $10. The fee includes towel service, locker, and a place to change and shower. Hall lockers in the RB are also available to full-time BYU students for $5 per semester and $5 per spring/summer.
- Students can also use their BYU ID card to check out equipment such as basketballs, soccer balls, volleyballs, tennis racquets and tennis balls, and badminton racquets and birdies from the locker rooms.
- Activity appropriate dress, as well as grooming standards, apply in all activity facilities.
- Activity facilities are for the specific use of BYU students and eligible BYU employees, however, eligible dependents and an occasional guest may use the facilities following university guidelines. No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the weight rooms.
Part-time BYU Students
- Part-time (PT) BYU students may purchase facility use privileges at 112 RB Information Center for $45 per semester and $22.50 per term. PT students then have the same privileges as FT students, with the exception of the Intramural Sports program which requires an additional fee. Continuing BYU students, who attended winter semester and who are registered for the following fall semester, may purchase facility use privileges for the same price as part-time students.
For more information, other programs, and pictures visit rbfacilities.byu.edu.