It’s here, a final submit button for the application! Applicants and counselors have told us how difficult it was for them to know exactly when their application was considered complete and when it completed. Now, we have given the applicant complete control to decide when they submit the application and what they would like us to consider. Here is how it works:
- Applicants will not be able to submit until all parts of the application have been completed.
- Once all parts of the application are complete, the applicant can submit their application at any time before the deadlines.
- After submission, the application freezes. This means the applicant will not be able to change anything on their application, including their ACT/SAT scores or their high school transcript information.
- If they wish to make any changes, they would need to withdraw their application, make any changes, and then submit again.
We hope by doing this, we enable the applicant to know exactly when their application is complete and ready for submission.
There are some important things to consider with this process.
- BYU On-campus Housing uses the submission date of the application as part of their consideration for making housing selection date assignments. Submitting their application as soon as they feel comfortable with it increases their chances of an earlier housing selection date.
- If the applicant submits their application, but later wishes to update information (e.g. a new ACT score), they would have to submit the new score to BYU, withdraw the application and resubmit. In this case, the applicant will have to decide which they value more, the new information they would like to submit, or the submission date of the application.
- It is important to consider deadlines before withdrawing the application. If they withdraw the application and the submission deadline has passed, the applicant will not be able to resubmit the application.
In some cases, applicants are able to add and remove different institutions for consideration in the application after it has been submitted. In other cases, the application would have to be withdrawn for changes to be made. The application will notify the applicant of these different situations.